Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay
Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay is an in vitro diagnostic (IVD) test for the quantitative determination of Direct Bilirubin (D-BIL) in serum and plasma.
In human blood, bilirubin exists in two forms. Unconjugated (indirect) bilirubin is transported to the liver bound by albumin where it is conjugated with glucuronic acid and excreted as direct bilirubin. Elevated serum bilirubin is indicative of impairment of the liver. The increase in total bilirubin, associated with obstructive jaundice, is primarily due to the direct bilirubin.
Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay is a liquid type reagent that is based on a chemical oxidation method utilizing vanadate as an oxidizing agent (vanadate oxidation method).
Reagent 1, Reagent 2 and a calibrator are required for this assay.
All reagents and calibrators are CE-certified according to Directive 98/79/EC on in vitro diagnostic medical devices.
- Stable liquid ready-to-use reagent
- Open bottle stability: 1 month at 2-10° C
- Highly precise and specific
- No significant interference by hemolysis, ascorbic acid and lipaemic turbidity
Store Reagent 1 and calibrator at 2-10° C.
Store Reagent 2 at 2-35° C.
Diagnosis of hyperbilirubinaemia may rely on direct bilirubin (D-BIL) measurement. Specimen suitability for D-BIL depends on the degree of haemolysis and method specifications. A recent study compares the D-BIL measurement in haemolytic sera from adults and neonates using the Diazo and the vanadate-oxidation method.
For more information and the latest publications please visit the Mediacenter.
Downloads / Technical information
Flyer & brochures
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Beckman AU 2700
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Beckman AU 480
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Beckman AU 5400
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Hitachi 7600
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Hitachi 904
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Hitachi 911
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Hitachi 912
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – Hitachi 917
- Direct Bilirubin L-Type Assay – ROCHE Modular
- Product Label Symbols_BG
- Product Label Symbols_CZ
- Product Label Symbols_DE
- Product Label Symbols_DK
- Product Label Symbols_EL
- Product Label Symbols_EN
- Product Label Symbols_ES
- Product Label Symbols_FR
- Product Label Symbols_HU
- Product Label Symbols_IT
- Product Label Symbols_LT
- Product Label Symbols_LV
- Product Label Symbols_NL
- Product Label Symbols_NR
- Product Label Symbols_PL
- Product Label Symbols_PT
- Product Label Symbols_RO
- Product Label Symbols_RU
- Product Label Symbols_SK
- Product Label Symbols_TR
Subscribe to the free newsletter and ensure that you will no longer miss any offers or news of FUJIFILM Wako Chemicals Europe GmbH.